Dry Patch - A BIPC success story with a great sense of humour
I guess the most well known recent brand with a funny-bone is Innocent Drinks. They have included grass covered vans, a banana phone and slides in their offices, and a whole range of humorous labels on their bottles such as this one:
He immediately made an impression with his passion for the product, his professionalism, and understanding of his customers' needs. He also recognised he was addressing a niche market with his first product the Moto Seat Cover below. As a fellow motorcyclist and cyclist, I could see there was a lot of potential in his ideas.
Once his website was up and running, I was pleasantly surprised to see just how much humour Chris had used to promote his brand. Here are a few examples:
- With a focus on innovation and lifestyle, our premium products will keep you and your stuff dry... from the bottom up
- We're not hairy bikers or Tour de France wannabes. We don't wear leather or Lycra to and from work but we do love the freedom of 2 wheels.
- We're not going to ask you to start hugging each other at the traffic lights, but we are all 2 wheeled commuters and suffer the same conditions - from both the weather and other traffic.
- We know that we are just little pin pricks in the bottom of the 1.5 million 2 wheel commuters in London, but we dream of being big pricks.
I also love the way Chris spells out his brand values in such clear terms:
When it comes to our products, we have 4 key values:
- it's kit you want (more on this below).
- it is 100% functional - our kit works really well and is made of the best materials for the job.
- it has to look great - there's too much stuff out there that works brilliantly for commuters on 2 wheels, that just doesn't look very good.
- our kit will always be innovative - we believe innovation is the key to developing brilliant new products that disrupt the rest of the market.
Written by Neil Infield on behalf Business & IP Centre