23 October 2019
Meet our delivery partners: Alison Lewy, Fashion Angel
Fashion Angel is a fashion business support service offering mentoring, training and access to funding to both start-up and established fashion industry entrepreneurs. Their mission is to bridge the gap between creativity and entrepreneurship by offering industry-specific guidance for fashion businesses.
We run monthly workshops from the British Library’s Business & IP Centre (BIPC) based on the popular book, Design Create Sell, a guide to starting and running a successful fashion business, written by Fashion Angel founder Alison Lewy MBE.
These practical and informative workshops cover the key aspects of starting and growing a fashion business. The workshops are aimed at pre-start and early stage fashion businesses, as well as for those that have been trading a while but need assistance on how to take the business to the next level.
The workshop programme includes the following topics:
- Fashion Business Planning Made Easy - advice on how to build a business plan and understand the necessary financial forecasts
- Getting It Made – guidance on sourcing and production management and working effectively with manufacturers
- Routes to Market – a review of both B2B and B2C sales channels and how to develop a successful sales strategy
- Selling Fashion Online – focuses on how to build an online brand and increase brand awareness and sales
- Range Planning and Retail Merchandising – covers the principals of effective range planning & merchandising, to ensure you have the product your customer wants, when they want it
- Plan, Pitch, Sell - how to approach and pitch to buyers and be stocked in retail stores
- Pitching For Fashion funding – how to create a compelling Pitch Deck. This session is for businesses already trading that are looking to reach out to investors or lenders
The workshops can be taken individually to fill in specific knowledge gaps, but collectively form a comprehensive programme covering everything an entrepreneur needs to know to start and scale a successful fashion business.
Most of the sessions are facilitated by Alison Lewy, a fashion industry expert, speaker, author and Fashion Angel Founder. Alison has extensive experience having run her brand for over 15 years, being a consultant for numerous luxury brands such as Preen and Matthew Williamson, before she went on to be Commercial Director for the Fashion and Textile Museum.
For more information, you can contact Alison on:
Visit the BIPC's workshops and events page to view all upcoming workshops, webinars and events.