25 October 2013
This week sees the publication of our new Intellectual property guides.
- A brief introduction to patents and patent searching
- A brief introduction to trade marks and trade mark searching
- A brief introduction to registered designs and registered design searching
A fourth guide, relating to Copyright, is in the pipeline.
These guides provide an overview on intellectual property as a whole and then a bit more in-depth information about the form of intellectual property covered by that particular guide. There is a section in each guide which covers searching and outlines the free databases available via the internet, what they cover and where to find the ‘Help’ section on each database.
These guides are designed to serve as a starting point for intellectual property searching and as a follow-on to the more detailed intellectual property guides published by the Intellectual Property Office UK (IPO UK) on their website at www.ipo.gov.uk
Maria Lampert on behalf of the Business & IP Centre
Innovation and enterprise blog recent posts
- Innovating for Growth Diary Part 2 - Sian Zeng
- Meet Sol Ramos, co-founder of London Basketball Nation and Start-ups in London Libraries participant
- Meet Ahmad Baracat, founder of Baracat Bros and Start-ups in London Libraries participant
- A week in the life of… Rachel Jones, founder of SnapDragon Monitoring
- Meet Salma Attan, founder of Bushwood Bees and Start-ups in London Libraries participant
- Book and podcast recommendations from the BIPC team
- Will Intellectual Property provide ‘the cure’ for Covid-19?
- Getting to grips with IP: Back to basics
- A week in the life of…Emma Richards, Business Outreach Manager at the IPO
- European Patent Office’s PATLIB Summit