24 November 2018
Psychology Resources and Research Methods Workshop for Scholars
Image source: British Library Press Images
London is blessed with a rich seam of psychology research collections represented by the British Library and the London Psychology Librarians’ Group institutions.
Together curators, reference subject specialists and psychology librarians support students, researchers and professionals in advancing our understanding the the mind, brain and behavior.
You are warmly welcome to a free workshop on Monday 3 rd December at the British Library in the afternoon, focusing on psychology research resources in London.
Monday 3 December (14.00-17.00)
This workshop, for registered Readers (and those who would find it useful to register as readers for their research needs) takes place in the Eliot Training Room in the Library’s Knowledge Centre. The workshop programme is:
Part 1: Welcome to the Library and introduction to the London Psychology Librarians Group:
- Qualitative methods in psychology research; Christine Ozolins, Neuroscience researcher, Birkbeck College
- Psychology collections: the London Landscape; Mura Ghosh, Research Librarian, Senate House Library
14.50-15.30 Tea break (Tea provided)
Part 2 British Library Psychology Resources and Information Literacy:
- Information literacy for psychology research; James Soderman/Paula Funnell, Liaison Librarians, Queen Mary College
- The post graduate psychology student voice; Holly Walton, Psychology post graduate representative
- Psychology resources in the British Library; Paul Allchin, British Library, Reference specialist,
16.30-17.00: Question & answer session.
To find out more or to book a place, please email us at: [email protected] or speak to a member of staff at the Science Reference Desk.
The speakers will share their expertise on the what, where, and how of psychology research in London based libraries and the research needs of students and researchers generally.
Posted by Paul Allchin - Reference Specialist, Science.