What UKWA did at the IIPC Web Archive Conference 2022
By Jason Webber, Engagement Manager, The British Library
Between the 18 and 25 May 2022, we had the biggest annual event in the world of web archiving - The IIPC General Assembly and Web Archive Conference. Some of the sessions were for members only but many were free and open for anyone to attend.
Here are the UKWA staff and research partners who gave presentations at the conference with links to their pre-recorded talks that have been uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- The state of full-text search at the UK Web Archive (2022) by Andy Jackson, Web Archive Technical Lead
Andy takes us through the latest situation with regard to search of the UK Web Archive and plans going forward.
- The New Media Writing Prize Collection by Giulia Carla Rossi and Tegan Pyke (PhD Placement Student)
Tegan talks her work putting together the New Media Writing Prize collection and touches on things such as 'what constitutes a 'complete' capture?
- Mediating Militarism: Chronicling 100 years of British Military Victimhood by Liam Markey (PhD Student)
Liam presents on his research of the British Library News Archive and Web Archive as part of his PhD on military victimhood.
- Building Event Collections from Web Archives by Sara Abdollahi (PhD Placement student)
Sara discusses her project on relevance in event collections as part of her three month placement at the British Library.
- Archive of Tomorrow Partnership Project by Eilidh MacGlone and Alice Austin
Alice and Eilidh tell us about the amazing 'Archive of Tomorrow project' - collecting around the COVID pandemic and the question of trust in what is collected
- IIPC Olympics and Paralympics Web Archive Collections by Helena Byrne
Helena shows her poster presentation about the extensive IIPC Olympic and Paralympic collections.